Friday, October 4, 2013

Shutdown offers a reminder of God's promise



As we experience day four of the government shutdown, I am reminded of just how temporary this world is. I am thankful that the place I am headed is sure to never fail.

In Romans 8 we find God's promise that he will be there no matter what.

38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sometimes our path can be treacherous. The race we are running can be difficult. But, through it all remember that He will not leave you nor forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:6)


1 In the Lord I take refuge;
how can you say to my soul,
    “Flee like a bird to your mountain,
2 for behold, the wicked bend the bow;
    they have fitted their arrow to the string
    to shoot in the dark at the upright in heart;
3 if the foundations are destroyed,
    what can the righteous do?”
4 The Lord is in his holy temple;
    the Lord's throne is in heaven... -Psalm 11 

No comments:

Post a Comment