Thursday, October 24, 2013

My Texas Family

I returned Tuesday from a trip to Texas where I got to see an amazing football game and had the chance to catch up with some old friends.
Amazing Football Game

Before I moved back to Huntsville in 2010, I spent a little over three years in the Lone Star State working for a TV station in Victoria, Tex. While I was there, I worshiped with the College Church of Christ where I served as pulpit minister part-time for about two years.

I am blessed to call the members of that congregation my Texas family. They took me in and treated me like kinfolk. It is not a large group, but love is abundant among the family of believers.
Part of my Texas Family: (Top Row: Bill, Ruth, and me)
(Bottom Row: Jim, me, Wanda, Nataliegh, and Jordan)

What is this love all about? I believe it is the love we read about in Ephesians 3:14-21:

14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
We share a common bond in our Lord Jesus Christ! In this fellowship we get to experience the fullness of God. As you read this, I hope you get the chance to experience Christ's love here on this earth.

The people in the church are far from perfect. But, as we allow Christ to dwell in our hearts, we begin to understand what it means to be rooted in love. And, that is what it is all about!

In this race, we run together with our eyes fixed on Him. It's a lot easier to get to the end when we have someone loving us by our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment