Wednesday, October 9, 2013

#MyGodis


Last week during our Wednesday night class at MYG, we began a discussion of who God is and how He relates to us today. I asked the kids to consider how they would describe God and how their lives told His story to their friends and family.

We can never run out of words to attempt to describe our Lord. Our language falls short in describing his glory and majesty. I am reminded of a sermon from S.M. Lockridge that is captured in the following video (definitely worth your time!).


To me, the most moving part of this sermon is when he pauses and says, "I wish I could describe Him to you!" That encompasses who He is. We can talk about Him 'til we're blue in the face. But, until you experience Him, you just won't understand.

"Do you know Him?"

If the answer is yes, I am going to issue you the same challenge I gave to my youth group. Get on your facebook page, twitter account, or whatever social media you are a part of and tell all your followers who God is, using the hashtag #MyGodis.
#MyGodis (space) enter you description
Here are some of the tweets from the MYG...


Take a moment in this race to encourage your brothers and sisters and share with the people around you who this God is that we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment