Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Let love explode and bring the dead to life

Outside of Monday night's basketball game, I have been a bit of a recluse this week trying to get caught up on some school work, preparing lessons, and getting some planning taking care of for some upcoming MYG events. Therefore, I have spent a lot of time at the house studying, etc.

Today around noon I got a knock on the door asking for some help. It was my neighbor who needed help loading a table into a truck. I provided a hand and then proceeded to get ready to head out the door on the way to the church building.

When I got in my jeep, I still had my iPod hooked up so I pressed play. The song was God's Not Dead by the Newsboys. The first line of the song really hit me: Let love explode and bring the dead to life.


I thought, "what have I done this week to let love explode?" Maybe that knock on the door was a reminder to get to work. 

Ephesians 2:10 tells us we were created in Jesus Christ for good works. I think that's what this lyric is all about. Letting love explode means letting your light shine so that others may see your good works and glorify God (Matthew 5:16).

That is where the dead find life, only through Jesus Christ!

What are you doing this week to let love explode?

No comments:

Post a Comment