Monday, July 27, 2015

The glory of God in his creation

God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good. - Genesis 1:10
One month ago I was on the island of Oahu celebrating the glory of God, exploring his creation. It was an amazing week in many ways.

I started the week at Camp Paumalu on the North Shore for Aloha Christian Camp. It was a great blessing to watch God work in the lives of young people. Seven kids were baptized during the six days of camp. Three were baptized by my childhood best friend, Landry Allen. Landry volunteers as Youth Minister for the Pearl Harbor Church of Christ in Pearl City, one of several congregations from across the state of Hawaii that come together for the camp. It is such an encouragement to see Landry and his wife, Kristina doing the Lord's work.

After camp was over, Landry and Kristina hosted me at their home for the next four days and served as a my tour guides for the island.

Kristina, Landry, and me at Tracks Beach in Kapolei

They were awesome tour guides, by the way. We visited every side of the island and all kinds of places in between. I tried to plot out all the places we visited on a map of Oahu.


 I want to share some pictures with you from my trip.

 Hanauma Bay

On top of Chinaman's Hat

Stand up paddle boarding at Pokai Bay

 Shark's Cove

 
Swimming with a turtle in Shark's Cove

Landry and me at Waimano Falls after hiking the Manana Trail
 
Can you see why he says his creation is good? I am constantly amazed by the beauty of God's creation. What we see in his handiwork is a reflection of his glory. Psalm 19:1 says, "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork." 

No comments:

Post a Comment